The Hassig’s, Mr. Tony and Mrs. Susan Hassig, opened their home to public in 1984. The couple wanted to make a living out of doing what they love and they were generous enough to share their cozy home (with a gorgeous view of the city) and delectable meals to anyone who would exert an effort to visit them.
The Vieux Chalet Swiss Restaurant has been around for a long time now and I wouldn’t have discovered it if not for Kim’s dad. (Thank you, Tito Omar!!)
We went there to celebrate Father’s day and The Vieux Chalet gave us an experience like no other. Entering the quaint chalet almost takes you to a different place and time. The vibe was surreal and it felt that it would be nice to live there – like for reals! Everything was super cute!!! No kidding!
The restaurant was filled with dainty and artsy decor that makes you want to go “aww” and take a photo of everything. You’ll also hear classical music in the background to add to the “aww” factor. 🙂
Note that even their menu’s very instagrammable! Haha!! Scrapbook ang peg!! 😆
We were also lucky to see a table for two set up… <3
And the gorgeous view from their window…
The ingredients of the food that they serve are either organically grown, locally supplied (Rizal), or homemade. They are also known for making their cheeses, pasta, tomato sauces, bread and jams from scratch. You’ll then realize that their dishes are reasonably priced because they serve nothing but excellent food made from the freshest, natural ingredients.
Sausage Festival (P885.00) – Assorted European Sausages, Bratkartoffeln, Organic Microgreens, Homemade Sauerkraut, Bread and Butter
Pizza de la Casa (P725.00) – Homemade Smoked Ham, Fresh Tomatoes, Mushroom, Onion, Cheese, Oregano and Organic Basil
Fettuccine Padilla (P345.00) – Homemade Fettuccine in a rich Fresh Cream-Cheese sauce with Homemade Smoked Ham, Organic Oyster Mushroom, Shitake Mushroom, Parmesan Cheese and Homemade Ricotta Cheese
Fettuccine Alfredo (P275.00) – Homemade Fettuccine in a rich Fresh Cream-Cheese sauce with Homemade Smoked Ham, Parmesan Cheese, and Homemade Ricotta Cheese
Trio Of Dessert (P685.00) – Consists of three different kinds of dessert from their menu
Ricotta Cheesecake – Homemade Ricotta cheese made into a creamy and rustic cheesecake topped with crème fraîche and homemade raspberry jam
Swiss Chocolate Cake à La Mode (warning: this is to die for, like seriously!!!! 😉 It is love!!!) – Homemade Swiss Chocolate Cake with chocolate glaze topped with homemade chocolate ice cream
Antipolo’s Best – Flambe’d Suman (Rice Cake), Mangoes and Cashew served with homemade ice cream
Of course, I won’t forget to mention that they have the cutest hot sauce bottle!! #iheartskulls
If you’re looking for a restaurant that’s hip, modern, and mainstream, this is not for you. But if you want to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city, going the Vieux Chalet is the best escape plan.
What I liked?
- Food – mostly homemade, organic and super yummy! Big servings, too!
- Ambience – elegant but not snobbish, cozy and romantic. Nice for family dinners but an excellent choice for a date place, too!
- Staff – very friendly, approachable and has time for small talk. I appreciate food servers and chefs who exert effort to visit tables to check how things are and ask how the food was.
- Location – some would say that it’s not that accessible, it’s quite far from the city, etc., but I think that’s the whole point of it all. It’s a place to escape the busy scene of the metro, breathe the fresh air of Antipolo and appreciate the stunning view from their window. Just enjoy the road trip by listening to good music and talking to your loved ones. It’s also a good opportunity to buy some Antipolo delicacies on the way. Hehe
- Free Wifi – Naka fibr sila! Like OMG! Fibr in Antipolo, why not? LOL My speedtest while connected to their internet was 40mbps! Hahahaaha
What I didn’t like?
- Room Rates at the St. Moritz Swiss Inn – cheapest is P6,900 for 2 pax. I feel that it’s a bit pricey for an overnight stay in Antipolo. I think breakfast is already included.. hmmm… Shucks, I’m on the fence. Maybe since we live kinda nearby, I find it impractical. But for those who live far and thinks that going to Antipolo should be an overnight gig, I think it’s fine.
- Toilet – If you’ve been readings my posts, you’ll know that “my issue” ako sa banyo! Hahahaha But please do not get me wrong, their bathroom area’s clean and tidy. I’m just not a fan. Let’s say I just expected too much because the dining area was just too pretty. For me, parang di lang nag match or umaarte lang ako! 😳 I’ll still give them props for being able to maintain their toilet’s condition spite knowing the fact that they’ve been around since 1984. I’m sure they’ve renovated, but still, props pa ren, not as bongga lang kasi talaga! Hahaha
- Address: 456 Taktak Road, Sitio Sampaguita, Brgy. Sta. Cruz, Antipolo City, 1870
- Best to book a table in advance, contact them at +632-697-0396 or +63928-288-8584
- Hours of operation: Mondays and Tuesdays – 9:00am to 10:00pm; Fridays to Sundays – 8:00am – 11:00pm
- Facebook: Vieux Chalet
- Instagram: @vieuxchaletphilippines
- Map and directions